1. Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library. Some libraries will even accept donations of magazines especially if they are educational.
2. Donate to a local charity. Bring your boxes of used books to your local orphanage, old age home or any other local charity.
3. Make some envelopes. When giving gift cards or cash as a gift, it’s fun to have unique envelopes to put them in when tucking them in a birthday card. This is a great idea for those books that have missing or torn pages so they can’t be donated.
4. Make some gift tags. Another idea for the book that isn’t in great shape, use the pages to make gift tags. Either punch out or cut out your tags and use a dark marker to write your message on it.
5. Decorate with your books. There are some great ideas for repurposing your old books. For example, make a headboard for your bed. It would be cute to use picture books for this project in a kid’s room, or to use art books in a teen’s room and so on.
6. Sell them or give them away online.
7. Make a “Free Books” box. Find a location where people wait like a doctor’s office waiting room, train station, bus stop and so on. Place a book labeled “Free Books” in that location, as always, first check with the staff to get permission before bringing your books in. You could even place a box in your lunch room at work or school.